To Our Food for Health Family,
As you know we have made many preparations and changes to our programs to ensure we protect our clients and our adult and teen volunteers. We have continuously monitored the situation in Kane county and Illinois and adapted our program to align with the most current recommendations. As Illinois and our region, designated by the Restore IL Plan, has moved into Phase 3 I am happy to share that we will be accepting teen volunteers into our Summer Garden Program moving forward! Currently, the work at our gardens has been completed by a dedicated group of adult volunteers and Master Gardeners, who we cannot thank enough for their commitment and tireless work.
We know the importance of educating our young adults about environmental sustainability, organic produce and gardening, and can’t wait to continue this effort throughout our summer. With that being said, we have put in place new policies to ensure that all volunteers, teens & adults, are comfortable and protected while working in our gardens. The following have been put in place and will be enforced at both garden locations:
- Our gardens will operate Monday, Wednesday and Thursday from 8 am – 10 am.
- All volunteers are required to wear masks while volunteering at the gardens and shall practice a minimum 6 ft social distancing at all times.
- We ask all volunteers to bring their own mask, hand tools, gardening gloves and water / drinks. If an individual does not have hand tools or gloves, we may be able to provide them and will sanitize them after use.
- Garden shifts will consist of a maximum of 8 individuals per garden plot including the Master Gardeners & Garden Coordinators.
- If you are interested in volunteering at the gardens please contact Susan Ellward, email@example.com. She will provide additional information on the onboarding process and provide the sign up link for garden shifts. All volunteers must sign up via this link prior to volunteering.
Our team will continue to assess our programs throughout the summer and into our next program year to ensure we align with our mission and provide a safe environment. I thank you all for your continued support & commitment to Food for Health.
In Health,Zac Cesario