Thank you for your interest in Fox Valley Food for Health and our Healthy Meals Program!
We understand that it can be very overwhelming when a family is faced with a serious illness or cancer diagnosis. Our hope is that individuals with a serious health challenge will benefit from participating in our healthy meal program which provides nutrient-rich whole foods for an 8-12 week timeframe, free of charge.
Our carefully designed menus are nutrient-dense and primarily plant-based, with an emphasis on clean, whole, organic and sustainable ingredients. Our food items contain herbs and spices which have traditionally been used to support the natural healing and recovery ability from medical treatments.
Through the gift of healthy food and the support of a caring community, our wish is to nourish our clients and their families during their health care journey and assist in relieving some stress.
Our Program & Client Criteria
We deliver the meals on Wednesday mornings to our clients and their families who live within approximately 30 minutes (about 12 miles) from our kitchen*, located at the Kane County Fairgrounds in St Charles.The map to the right is an approximate radius of our service area
If you or someone you care for are interested in becoming a Fox Valley Food for Health Client, the following criteria should be met:
- The client must live within 30 minutes of our Kitchen.*
- The client or a caregiver must be present for the deliveries on Wednesday mornings between 8:30am and 10:30 am.
- The client is facing a serious health challenge (cancer diagnosis and/or treatment; major surgery and post-operative support; or other acute health crisis where support is needed)
- The client or family members do not have any life-threatening food allergies. (Our kitchen is not gluten-free, peanut or tree-nut free.)
- If this type of diet is new for the client, he/she must commit to trying these new foods with an understanding of the health intention behind eating this kind of diet.
*Our service area is very diverse and during certain times, we may not be able to reach a location within our 30-minute timeframe. With this understanding, some areas within our radius may not be eligible for service.
Becoming a Client
First, please read the program description and criteria on the left.
Next, complete our Client Self-Referral form.
Once we have received your request, one of our team members will reach out to you to discuss your situation and your needs. Together we will determine if the Healthy Meals program is a good fit for you and your family.
We will then schedule a short home visit to share more information about the program, answer any questions or concerns you might have and ask you to sign a consent form.
Once you become a client, you will be assigned a Delivery Angel volunteer who will deliver your beautiful, healthy meals each week and provide nutrition information and support.
If you have any other questions or are unable to fill out the online form, you may email firstname.lastname@example.org